MATSO Experience at Expo! Expo!
IAEE’s MATSO Council has identified workshops and campfire sessions available during the 2016 Expo! Expo! Annual Meeting & Exhibition to all attendees (organizers and suppliers) that are timely and represent common interests and challenges relevant to the large trade show organizers that make up the MATSO community.
In addition to the workshops and campfire sessions, a track has been created exclusively for the MATSO community to provide education and ensure a wide-open exchange of ideas to foster discovering solutions, networking with other senior-level show professionals, guiding new strategies and policies, sharing ideas and making a difference.
MATSO suggested workshops and campfires available to all attendees include:
- IAEE Executive Breakfast Program (for MATSO organizers with a Director level title or higher)
- Fall Event Trend Forecast for 2017
- IAEE & SISO Joint Session and Luncheon (Director level or higher)
- Mastering Intentional Communication – Creating Synergistic Relationships
- Campfire Session (on show floor): Wearables, IoT and Big Data: Transformative Technologies for 2017
- Being Social and Secure: How to Respect Attendee Privacy and Security Without Discouraging Networking and Engagement
- Keeping Events Safe from Tragedy
- Are You Valuing Your Exhibitors?
- Dealing with Stakeholders on a Global Basis
- The Role of Show Management in Protecting Exhibitor Intellectual Property
- Creating an Emotional Journey to Personalize the Event and Exhibitions Experience
- How is Your Attendee Show Floor Engagement Strategies Working for Your Event?
- What’s Mine Is Yours: Success Strategies for Organizers in the Shared Economy
The MATSO track, exclusive for MATSO organizers, will be held on Thursday, 8 December.
MATSO Deep Dive Session with Allen Gannett, CEO of TrackMaven
8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Allen Gannet is founder and CEO of TrackMaven, a competitive intelligence platform for digital marketers. His tool identifies content opportunities, optimizes marketing distribution and tracks real-time program through competitive analytics and benchmarking. Think technology meets marketing creativity.
MATSO Deep Dive Session with Denzil Rankine, Founder and Chief Executive, AMR International Limited
9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
Denzil’s experience spans nearly 30 years of advising companies on strategic development and acquisition throughout the world. AMR International’s combination of strategic analysis and customer research can provide strategies for company improvement. Denzil will provide an interactive discussion on his thoughts about the future of events based on his recent AMR publication titled How to Structure the Event Organizers of the Future.
City Working Group Discussions*
Las Vegas | 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Chicago | 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
IAEE Annual Networking Luncheon and Awards Presentation
12:15 PM – 1:45 PM (1215 - 1345)
Special seating available for the MATSO community (RSVP required for seating)
City Working Group Discussions*
Orlando | 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM (1400 – 1430)
New York | 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM (1430 – 1500)
Anaheim | 3:15 PM – 3:45 PM (1515 – 1545)
*MATSO City Working Groups were created for members to share and discuss first-hand knowledge on how MATSO shows interface with specific tier one cities. MATSO City Working Group topics include, but are not limited to: expansions/renovations, challenges and opportunities related to labor, food and beverage, technology, marketing support from the city, hotel development, airlift, occupancy rates, as well as security concerns and challenges. A MATSO City Working Group task force member will report on and lead discussions on the issues relevant for the cities of Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, New York and Anaheim. Please join one or all of these interactive sessions to both listen and participate.
For any questions regarding IAEE MATSO related initiatives, please contact Terri Phillips at email@example.com or 972.687.9213.