2019 Expo! Expo! Call for Presentations
Each year, IAEE prides ourselves on the quality of our programming by developing our educational events "for our members, by our members." We strive for a balance in our programming that meets the variety of skill and interest levels of our diverse membership. If you have an interesting presentation idea or topic, we always want to hear from you!
Submit Your Proposal
Education at Expo! Expo!
- Delivers immediate ideas that can be implemented within one’s professional or personal life.
- Informs our industry about important trends and proven practices.
- Provides a blended learning experience that will activate learners with different levels of knowledge and experience.
- Challenges our thinking and pushes the meetings, events and trade show industry forward.
- Creates a peer-to-peer social learning experience that creates lifelong connections outside the classroom.
IAEE calls on you to share knowledge and business expertise through a unique and valuable speaking opportunity. You are invited to submit an education session proposal for presentation at the 2019 Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting and Exhibition from 3-5 December in Las Vegas, Nevada.
About Expo! Expo!
Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition brings together organizers and industry suppliers for their mutual benefit through education, the exhibition, and networking events. The focus of Expo! Expo! is to create a learning culture and strategic networking opportunities while providing a platform for face-to-face business transactions. The education sessions will provide all participants with new and creative ideas and tools to implement in their own practices.
Professionals will come to share best practices with their peers and to discuss challenges with exhibition and event management. Attendees will benefit from innovative industry programs, products and services, advanced industry education, and networking opportunities designed to facilitate new business partnerships. This spectacular face-to-face meeting provides attendees with the tools they need to plan and manage successful exhibitions, public shows, and events for years to come.
Education Policy and Procedures
Non-commercial Nature of IAEE's Education Program
To maintain the educational integrity of the education program, presenters are advised not to use their session(s) as a platform for promotion of their products and services or for monetary gain. IAEE provides a unique forum for professionals to have an open dialogue and a creative exchange of ideas free from commercial content.
Honoraria, Travel Expenses and Complimentary Registration
As a non-profit association, IAEE does not pay an honorarium for concurrent session presentations at Expo! Expo! who are IAEE members and considered industry experts as opposed to those who make a living professionally consulting and/or speaking. In addition, the speaker is responsible for all travel-related and accommodation expenses. Persons selected to speak will be provided with the option of a one-day complimentary registration for the day of their presentation or a discounted rate for those who wish to attend the entire meeting.
IAEE is looking for sessions that are led by solo presenters, co-presenters, panel members, and subject matter experts. Please note that education sessions are limited to two (2) speakers. Panel presentations must include a moderator and at least two (2) panel members but is limited to three (3). Speakers can submit more than one session format; however, separate applications must be submitted.
|Presentation Process Opens Online
||Friday, 1 March 2019
|Presentation Submission Deadline
||Friday, 29 March 2019
|Submission Acceptance Notification Begins
||Monday, 27 May 2019
Education Committee Presentation Review and Selection Process
The IAEE Education Committee consists of members that are recognized industry leaders with many years of industry experience. The committee's role is to review, plan and evaluate IAEE's education programming for Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting and Exhibition.
The selection process involves a review of every complete presentation submitted prior to the deadline. Completed submissions include speaker profiles (i.e. bio, references, video reel links if applicable, etc.) for each session speaker, session descriptions and actionable learning objectives. All presentations are selected on the basis of the information submitted. Those submitting are expected to follow all instructions carefully and provide all requested information. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Typically, more presentations are submitted than can be accepted. Only the best presentations are selected for Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting and Exhibition.
Presentations must be tailored to IAEE's target audience and to one of the attendee/committee suggested tracks. See session track options below.
Presentation submissions are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Complete presentation submission must be submitted by the deadline.
- Session learning level is appropriate for the audience and topic.
- Identification of three actionable learner outcomes has been provided.
- Presentation is designed to encourage high audience interaction/participation by incorporating multiple interactive strategies to engage participants such as, facilitated delivery with high participation involvement, peer-to-peer components, large and small group discussions, participant brainstorming components and participant involvement in case study analyses.
- Content is focused, current, practical or innovative as it relates to the exhibitions and events industry.
- Clear and concise organization of ideas and clearly written learner outcomes.
- Timing - has the topic or the presenter been featured recently on any exhibitions or events industry program?
IAEE's Target Audience
- Show organizers seeking additional, new and practical cutting-edge skills to enhance their industry knowledge
- Exhibitions and events professionals looking for new ideas and fresh approaches on how to conduct business, including successful audience and exhibitor acquisition and retention
- Markets and sales managers seeking a base of knowledge in the industry they represent
- Meeting and event planners looking to add an exhibition to their future events
- Industry suppliers, including hotel personnel, who see a complete overview and understanding of the show development process
- Exhibitors interested in enhancing their corporate brand presence through events
Science & Technology of a Show – Content designed for industry IT professionals, who operate within, implement or oversee technology departments that delves into the most relevant, top-of-mind technology issues, challenges and ideas.
Exhibitor Sales & Sponsorship – Content geared towards identifying, building and enhancing exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, identifying new revenue potential, and developing your selling skills to meet ongoing customer needs.
Leadership & Management – Content designed to expand and strengthen the business acumen and leadership skills of industry professionals in order to become more effective leaders, gain new perspectives, explore emerging trends and transform them into actionable insights.
Learning Level Definition
IAEE audiences include persons who have been in the industry for varying lengths of time. IAEE attendees have indicated interest in more advanced topics. To accommodate the needs of the attendees, submitters are encouraged to target intermediated to advanced learning levels. The three learning levels for presentations include:
Executive (C Level/Executive/Senior Executive/VP)
- Learner assumes advanced understanding of the industry
- Learner is at an executive level and looking for strategic learning and networking with their peers
- A session at this level might cover strategic and complex ideas, research, technologies and subjects and are best suited for experienced professionals in the industry
Manager (Manager – Director)
- Learner assumes solid knowledge of the concepts of the industry
- Learner has a high level of competence in managing shows and directing projects and people
- A session at this level might describe systems and procedures of moderately complex topics
Staff (Administrative – Coordinator)
- Learner assumes basic knowledge of concepts of the industry
- Learner has basic knowledge and skills, but may or may not manage shows or people
- A session at this level presents an overview of concepts and features and its best suited for newer professionals
- Learner assumes some exposure to the industry
- Learner has basic knowledge and skills, but no formal industry experience
- A session at this level presents an overview of concepts and features and its best suited for newer professionals and/or recent graduates in the field
Complete the IAEE 2019 Expo! Expo! Call for Presentation Application and submit all ideas before the deadline. Be prepared to include all session information and a photo of yourself.
Submit Your Proposal