Health and Safety
Information on this page last updated on 9/23/21.
IAEE is working closely with the Fern Health Check by Share my Health, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, GES, CORT Events, the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, and other show partners on multiple health and safety measures. Detailed health and safety plans will be communicated closer to the show.
Find Discover Philadelphia’s COVID-19 Travel resources here.
Before Leaving Home
- IAEE will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all participants attending Expo! Expo! 2021 in Philadelphia.
- All participants will be required to register with the Fern Health Check platform, powered by Share My Health, to provide ‘COVID-19 vaccine validation’ details and for onsite health screening. Instructions and links for the platform will be provided a few weeks prior to the event via email.
- Participants will be required to submit a vaccine record upload that shows your FINAL dose was received BEFORE November 22 2021 will be required.Follow relevant guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with. Contact IAEE if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Agree to complete the daily screening as required by IAEE.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering, which will be required for permittance to Expo! Expo!.
- Follow CDC, WHO, and guidance from the State of Pennsylvania for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by IAEE and respect others’ personal space.
- Attendees may be subject to on-site COVID-19 rapid testing. Details on this will be shared closer to the event date.
- Go to the event First Aid office (or equivalent) at any time, if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact IAEE.
Health and safety measures implemented by IAEE prior to the show or onsite are subject to change. Failure to adhere to Expo! Expo! health and safety measures may result in prohibiting entry to show or removal from the show.